About Me

My photo
USDF Region 1, United States
Rigitta is a 2005 Lipizzan mare,(Pluto II Dixana x Rheia), that I finally found Dec 2010 after a 2 year search for a Lipizzan. Many adventures and new found friends later, Rigitta and I begin our partnership and eventual dressage competitive career. Rigitta has not been started yet so this will all be from scratch just like my 2007 Dutch Warmblood, Cedar(Theo), has been. I am an over 50 Adult Amateur Dressage competitor. I am a supporter of the Nokota Horse and have owned several. ... www.nokotahorse.org ... Amy Dragoo is helping me with my Blog photos. Majority are from her. ... AK Dragoo Photography, LLC ... www.akdragoophoto.com ... You can follow her Blog here: http://akdragoophoto.squarespace.com/view-all-posts/ ... Also a shout out to Sarah Casey and Waltzing Horse Farm Berlin, New York where I got Rigitta ... http://www.waltzinghorsefarm.com/ ... Make sure you click on "older posts" at the bottom of the page to see everything that has been happening since the beginning of the adventure!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Rigitta's Marvelous Adventure

Off to a schooling show today with the rest of Second Nature Farm.  Went to see how Rigitta would  be off farm at a small show.  She was fine, as if she was at home.  Not a bit of trouble.  She lunged in the warm up going right to work.  She looked around of course and was on high alert but extremely well behaved!

I thought I would need to take her to a few shows in hand  for that experience but looks like, NOT!  We are going to wait until she is ready to be ridden off farm and go again.  She is headed to Morven Park recognized show May 6-7-8 as a non compete under saddle.

Anecia has both the horses back in training again April 1st.  I had fun working with them the last week but back to school! Gitta is now on the lunge line under saddle.

Theo will start to go off farm this week, and he has a session with Bob Orton April 15th.  He is entered in the April 17th DVCTA schooling show USDF A and B.  He will do an away recognized show non compete the end of May.

Let the fun begin!!!


No comments: