About Me

My photo
USDF Region 1, United States
Rigitta is a 2005 Lipizzan mare,(Pluto II Dixana x Rheia), that I finally found Dec 2010 after a 2 year search for a Lipizzan. Many adventures and new found friends later, Rigitta and I begin our partnership and eventual dressage competitive career. Rigitta has not been started yet so this will all be from scratch just like my 2007 Dutch Warmblood, Cedar(Theo), has been. I am an over 50 Adult Amateur Dressage competitor. I am a supporter of the Nokota Horse and have owned several. ... www.nokotahorse.org ... Amy Dragoo is helping me with my Blog photos. Majority are from her. ... AK Dragoo Photography, LLC ... www.akdragoophoto.com ... You can follow her Blog here: http://akdragoophoto.squarespace.com/view-all-posts/ ... Also a shout out to Sarah Casey and Waltzing Horse Farm Berlin, New York where I got Rigitta ... http://www.waltzinghorsefarm.com/ ... Make sure you click on "older posts" at the bottom of the page to see everything that has been happening since the beginning of the adventure!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Good second day with the bag on the whip...worked her with it 2 x today.  Still stuck in the barn doing everything though with the snow on the ground.

Good with bridling too.

Plan may be that I continue with the ground work in March over at Second Nature Farm and then have her on training board for April/May.  Being backed and ridden is not going to be an issue for her, it is having her be relaxed and obedient as things happen around her. I get a kick out of working with her, she really is easy even when she reacts to something, she goes gah! and then freezes.

No comments: