About Me

My photo
USDF Region 1, United States
Rigitta is a 2005 Lipizzan mare,(Pluto II Dixana x Rheia), that I finally found Dec 2010 after a 2 year search for a Lipizzan. Many adventures and new found friends later, Rigitta and I begin our partnership and eventual dressage competitive career. Rigitta has not been started yet so this will all be from scratch just like my 2007 Dutch Warmblood, Cedar(Theo), has been. I am an over 50 Adult Amateur Dressage competitor. I am a supporter of the Nokota Horse and have owned several. ... www.nokotahorse.org ... Amy Dragoo is helping me with my Blog photos. Majority are from her. ... AK Dragoo Photography, LLC ... www.akdragoophoto.com ... You can follow her Blog here: http://akdragoophoto.squarespace.com/view-all-posts/ ... Also a shout out to Sarah Casey and Waltzing Horse Farm Berlin, New York where I got Rigitta ... http://www.waltzinghorsefarm.com/ ... Make sure you click on "older posts" at the bottom of the page to see everything that has been happening since the beginning of the adventure!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Plastic bags, done and dusted!

6 days and Gitta is over the plastic bags.  Not a new record for her, just status quo.  I hope that as time goes by her adjustment to new things takes less time, but at least when she is over it she is over it.  She stood and yawned. Amy took pictures, so if she sends some to me I will post them.

I am going to try working on 2 things at the same time this next week,  the noise of clippers, big ones and small ones and plastic bottles.  I really am going to end all this with being able to open and shut umbrellas around her and walk around her with one over my head.  Sounds silly doesn't it but happens all the time at horse shows with spectators.

Now believe it or not I have been doing all this desensitizing with Theo too just for fun  and so he doesn't feel left out. I can't get anything to bother him, he just wants to eat everything.  I'll bet the umbrella would get his attention though.  

No comments: